To Seniors and Not So Seniors
From: The Senior Committee of The Hills & Districts Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with the Older Women’s Network Qld Mitchelton Branch.
To celebrate Seniors Month and Be Connected Week, we are holding a lunch on Thursday 21st October 2021. It will be held at the Arana Leagues Club commencing at 12pm. The theme of the lunch will be Seniors and Technology, with our guest speaker Retired Councillor Brian Battersby talking on his experiences on learning technology, as an older person. The cost of the lunch is $20.00.
Seniors Month and Being Connected is important to the senior community in our area and we would appreciate your being able to attend. It will be an interesting event.
Bookings can be made at: https://www.hillschamber.org.au/event/seniors-and-technology/
If your technology is unable to use this system, just contact Judith Heindorff 0431159921 or Leonard Whittaker 0417883688 and you will be booked into the event.
Brisbane Seniors Online (BSOL) is a not for profit volunteer organisation. BSOL provides seniors aged over 50 and living in the Greater Brisbane area with training on computers and other digital devices such as tablets and smartphones. Lessons can be undertaken in a variety of subjects depending on the learner’s needs.
Phone: (07) 3393 2225
- Provides benefits and pensions to current and former serving members of the Australian Defence Force, their family and Carers.
☎ 13 52 54
MoretonAlert is a free SMS, email and voice alerting system. It provides severe weather warnings, bushfire warning messages, council prescribed burn notifications, potential flash flooding incidents and planned dam releases within our region. Messages include basic information about the type of emergency, the level of threat and recommended action to take.
- Provides payments and services that can help you, or someone you provide care for, use health services or buy medicines.
242 Gympie Rd, Strathpine 4500
- An interpreting service provided by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
☎ 13 14 50
- Scamwatch is run by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). It provides information to consumers and small business about how to recognise, avoid and report scams.
☎ 1300 795 995
- Albany Creek Library
16 Ferguson Street, Albany Creek 4035
☎ (07) 3264 5267
- Arana Hills Library
63 Cobbity Cres, Arana Hills 4054
☎ (07) 3351 3401
- Strathpine Library
1 Station Street, Strathpine 4500
☎ (07) 3480 6698
- North Lakes Library
10 The Corso, North Lakes 4509
☎(07) 3480 9900
- Meals on Wheels Pine Rivers and District Inc. is an Incorporated Association operating as Registered Charity, providing meals and social contact to the community of Pine Rivers and District, enriching their lives and the lives of our volunteers and staff.
☎ (07) 3285 2532
- Lifeline is a national charity that provides all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to phone, online and face-to-face suicide prevention and crisis support services.
☎ 13 11 14
- My Aged Care can help you find information about aged care services and what you need to do to receive them.
☎ 1800 200 422
- Anglicare Southern Queensland is an Anglican not-for-profit organisation providing care and support services. Anglicare SQ’s services are here to help support you and those close to you, live the life you want.
☎ 1300 610 610
- Matthew is 21 years old with severe autism and dyspraxia, and is assisted by a support worker. Horan Courier Services (HCS) is a social enterprise to give a meaningful life to a young man with autism. HCS is dedicated to customer service and affordability, specializing in small parcels, documents and PO Box pick-ups. HCS can deliver or collect any small to medium sized items, with a same day delivery service.