At Astute we specialise in helping hard working Australians live the retirement we know they deserve, enabling them to achieve their dream retirement.
You’ve worked hard your whole life. Now is the time to enjoy the lifestyle you deserve. We’re here to help you plan your your ideal retirement. Even if you’ve already retired we base our advice of where you want to be and how you want to live your life.
We provide clarity on the burning questions like:
Are my goals achievable?
Am I on track?
Will I have enough?
How long will it take me to reach my goals?
When can I retire?
Considerations in retirement
1. Making sure your savings will last the distance – We will help you to prioritise your lifestyle goals and consider how much they will cost. We will be by your side when you make big decisions as your life changes. It’s about receiving the right help at the right time.
2. Downsizing – You may wish to downsize your home. We can be very helpful in discussing the Centrelink affects, and how this money can be used. Downsizing involves considering how you want to live in an appropriate property as well as the financial impact on you. You may even qualify to top up your superannuation account. We can assist you to make the right decision before you choose to make the big move.
3. Estate Planning – If an unexpected event occurs, like a medical event, we will make sure you have the right plans in place to help deal with being able to fund rehabilitation and to make sure finances are in order. We will also help you plan if you were to pass away so that your spouse or family is looked after. By putting a plan in place, it will give you more certainty that your assets are passed to the right people at the right time.
4. Managing investment risk – Now that your superannuation fund will no longer be added to, we will help you consider the best ways for you to draw this down to assist with your lifestyle. We will discuss with you how much investment risk you are currently taking, and whether this should be changed considering your future needs.
5. Help with Centrelink – You may need assistance in how to qualify the appropriate amount of Centrelink. We will help you understand what is available as well as strategic ways to get the most you are entitled too considering your goals and objectives. You may even be thinking of passing on assets or wealth early to your family. We will discuss with you the appropriate ways to do this especially considering Centrelink ramifications.